Monday, July 8

On an Edge of Glass

On an Edge of Glass by Autumn Doughton
My rating: 4.5 Stars

On an Edge of Glass




~I am on an Edge of Glass . And it's breaking.~



Ellie Glass- Destroyer of fun.
Always over-planning, over- achieving, over-analyzing and over- studying.

After a chance encounter with Ben, Ellie can’t stop thinking about him.
but fate steps in and brings Ben and Ellie together again.
Ellie starts to lose focus. Always thinking whats next, never living in the here and now.
Pretty soon she finds herself feeling and doing things that she never thought were possible.

When Ellie's plans for her future don't pan out how she planned, She pushes Ben away at the first chance she gets.

But sometimes it's hard to decide what you want your life to be about. What's hard, is figuring out what you're willing to give up in order to do the things you really care about.

"Perfect isn't meant to be. When you aim for perfect, you just wind up ruined. "


I loved Ben, Omg Loved him!
Ellie was just lost and not living in the now. Thinking she had to live up to everyones expectations, when those expectations were only set by her!

This was a really sweet story.
Loved all of the secondary characters.
But what ultimately drew me in was Autumn Doughton's writing style.
She writes with such elegance and sophistication that you cannot help being drawn to the story.
Her words connected with me. I found that even though there were no "Detailed" steamy sex scenes my stomach was in constant butterfly attack mode. I loved it. I have never been draw in like that without all the "details".
Who needs graphic when you got this...

WOW That kiss,


~"It's the kiss of a hundred thumping kick drums, a raging earthquake.
Ben's strong arms pull me against him and I fold.
He parts my lips with his tongue and it's like discovering that you can fly. One minute you're tied to earth by gravity and everything you know about the world, and the next you're up, floating, soaring and the houses and people below are tiny, insignificant specs of dust slipping away.

We are exploring- tasting, sucking, burning- ungluing everything. A million tiny bells ring in my ear. Every thing brightens, like the sun has been shoved out of its hiding place from behind the clouds. "~



~"Then I wake up. And, it's not the purple- hued light of the house at three in the morning that has woken me up, or the sound of Payton stumbling into the bathroom. It's a hand.
A single hand.
So innocuous.
I feel it before my eyes blink open. A slight weight on my hip. A current of electricity running through me, reshaping the air that I breathe. it takes only a second for me to process what it is, to rearrange the spaces in my head around the feel of his fingers on my body."~


Amazing!


My Ellie and Ben

descriptiondescription


Favourite lines

"Insecurity is like a net, and I let it catch me."

"Happiness isn't something that you can plan for. It comes knocking unexpectedly, just like opportunity. And it's up to you to answer the door and invite it inside."

"Lily
Even her name is pretty, I realize that I was hoping that he'd call her Henrietta or Gertrude or something equally awful so that I could at least make it sound nasty inside my head."


I will definitely be reading more from Autumn Doughton.


No comments:

Post a Comment