Monday, July 8

Tasting Never by C.M. Stunich
My rating: 5 Stars

Tasting Never (Never Say Never, #1)












THERE'S A MONSTER INSIDE OF ME, EATING LITTLE BITS OF ME EVERYDAY, AND I CAN'T SEEM TO STOP IT. IT MAKES ME DO THINGS I DON'T WANT TO DO, SAY THINGS I DON'T WANT TO SAY.





This story draws you in from the very beginning.You can NOT put it down because you can't wait to find out what happens next! I literally couldn't stop reading it.

Never's story is Heart wrenching. She is broken and self Destructive. Her pain is felt through the pages,

~It's all fake, just a big load of shit that I can't buy into or I'll die. If I ever believe in something again, and it turns out to be false, then not only will my body crumble beneath me, but so will my soul. I'll disintegrate, disappear into the wind and blow away. I'll be nothing. I'll blank out and the energy of who I was will just go away, melt into the ground and come back as something unimportant, like a dandelion or caterpillar. I can't find it in my heart to care.~

~Every night, I lay here and try to find something in myself to live for. Every night, I fail.~

Ty is a tortured hero and I even though we don't get his full story, just yet, you just know when it comes it will tear you down.

Ty and Never's story together is a beautiful, painful struggle to friendship and healing.
They affect each other from the moment they meet.

~My heart pauses for a moment, resets itself to overdrive and starts to pound. This is why I'm always attracted to tortured souls, to people with wounds like mine because one you have them you can recognise them a mile away.~

~Best Friend? Have I ever had one of those? Do I want one? Best friend is really just a fancy word for someone that has their hand wrapped around you heart. Best Friends Are the Soul Mates you Don't Sleep With.~

Their journey is paved with anger, hurt, loneliness, humour, friendship, forgiveness, love and personal growth.
Leaving you feel everything you read.

~ My anger is just a reaction to the fear I have inside of myself, a fear that somehow, one of the dozens of stupid mistakes I've made, the desperate attempts at filling that deep, aching, loneliness, will kill me. That I'll go out of this world alone and without dignity. That I'll never really understand what it means to live.~


The small details are what did it for me. C.M Stunich's attention to detail gives this story life.

~He takes a drag on his cigarette and sighs like he's in heaven. They'll make you feel that way, cigarettes will, like you're in paradise while they kill your insides.~

The writing was compelling, she draws you in from page one, and keeps you there long after the last page, making you want to go back, re-read highlighted pages and fall in love all over again.

~"Whether it's a lover or a friend or a child, the best place to find solace is in a warm heart"~

I want more, I need more!!!!
YOU MUST READ THIS!


Buy it
Read it
Love it



No comments:

Post a Comment