Wednesday, July 10

Unbreak Me

by Lexi Ryan
My rating: ★ 5 FREAKING STARS IS NOT ENOUGH ★

Unbreak Me












♫ ♪♫ ♪ I was nothing but a failure. A fucked-up, broken shame. 

I was nothing but this emptiness. A shell ruined by fame.

Don't be afraid to shatter, baby, if that will set you free. 

I'll find you in the pieces and that will Unbreak me.♫ ♪♫ ♪




*Warning*
ASHER IS MINE LADIES, MINE. I CLAIM HIM.
GOD I WANT HIM SO BAD!!



I can't even.. How do I even explain this to you?

Out of the hundreds and hundreds of books I have read, there is a small handful that have completely, absolutely, down right owned me.

Unbreak Me is one of those books.


Good God
Epic, Just epic

This book took me by the hand and pulled me completely in.. Mind.. Body and Soul.
It stripped me emotionally. I lived and loved every moment of it!
This is the reason I love reading.
The feeling of complete and utter amazement of a story that captures my heart.
The feeling of falling in love with words, with characters.
Lexi Ryan has a gift, and the lady sure knows how to work it.






Maggie Thompson has a reputation.
A bad reputation. Damaged goods. A failure. A slut.


One year ago Maggie was engaged to Will.
Two days before the wedding, Maggie called everything off and left Will, her family and her small town.
One year later walking down the isle, Maggie faces Will, Only this isn't her wedding. This wedding is her sisters.
Will is marrying Maggie's sister and Maggie is the bridesmaid.

William Bailey is an addict, and his drug of choice is Maggie.
William would do anything to fix her. But she wont let him, Maggie is convinced she is broken beyond repair.


Asher Logan is the poster child for the sexy bad boy.
He is a Rockstar who is trying to stay out of trouble.
Asher is instantly drawn to Maggie. There is something about her that seems so familiar.
What Asher and Maggie don't know is that they have already met.
A year ago.


Unbreak me is told through three POV’s. Maggie, Will and Asher.
Now I am NOT a fan of love triangles at all! Nope nada hate them!!! But Unbreak me is not really a triangle but more so a journey.
The journey of Maggie as she puts herself back together from all the pain and hurt she has had in her past.


~ One man holds me together, the other gives me permission to break ~


You don't get all the details upfront of why Maggie leaves Will.
How Will came to be engaged to Krystal.
Why the town labels Maggie a slut.

description


You have to read as all the truths come out. You have no idea how it is going to end up?
This is how I was hooked. I really didn't know what went down but I sure had fun trying to guess.


Maggie hates herself with such an intensity that no one she respects can get close to her.
A life filled with pain and hurt, her head filled with poison.
Once Asher comes in the picture everything changes, he wants to help Maggie, see inside of her and bring out what she keeps hidden.
Something about her just sets something off in him.

~"Maggie is so miraculously different, I want to breathe her in."~


Maggie just wants a good time. She wont allow herself anything more, she doesn't deserve it.

description


~"I wanted to bury my loneliness under the weight of a mans body on mine, to erase unwelcome memories with his mouth." ~


But Asher won't sleep with her. He wants to get to know her. He will not have sex with her, when he knows she wants another man.


~ "Fuck, I want you." His hands are on me again and I feel like I'm walking along the edge of a steep precipice, like I might slip over the edge and lose control.
"I keep waiting for you to stop showing up," I say. "To give up on me."
"Do you want me to give up? Because I saw the way he was looking at you last week, Maggie. If you want him, he's yours." ~


description


~ "I like you Asher. But if we're going to keep this up, whatever this is, you need to know my life is a little fucked up. Im fucked up."~


Asher doesn't believe that and he will do anything to prove her wrong.


description



Slowly he breaks through her walls and we get to find out her past, how she has always ended up in unhealthy relationships.
It's heartbreaking to learn of her pain at 15yrs old. What a seriously messed up situation. One that had me crying for Maggie.
But Asher doesn't look at her in disgust, he doesn't push her away. He hurts with her.

~ Asher is holding me so tightly it almost hurts, but it's the good kind of hurt. It's a pain that reminds me I'm alive and I'm worth something. ~


MY GOD ASHER!
Kill me now, I die. Seriosuly I die…
description
~ "You're beautiful," he whispers.
"That's superficial. It's meaningless"
"Sometimes. But your beauty? It's the kind that radiates from your heart, Maggie and it's so damn bright it's beyond these walls you've erected to protect yourself." ~


Sigh….

More and more truths come out.
And then we find out how Asher and Maggie met the first time.


~ How could the Maggie who keeps a steel cage around her heart be the same woman who cupped herself between her legs to keep her baby inside? ~


No words…. that line, freaking heartbreaking.
That whole flash back, Damn. Damn Damn Damn!
God Lexi Ryan. Lady you seriously got it.

~ I wonder if this might be the moment she breaks. What does it say about me that I want her to? I want her to break so I can find her in pieces, just like she does with her mosaics. ~

As Asher gives her what she needs, will Maggie realise that she doesn't need to be fixed.


description


~"What if no one can fix me?"
"You don't need fixing," He gives a sad smile and wipes a tear away with his thumb. "It's like your mosaics. The beauty is already there, you just find it. Let go, sweetheart."
"I'm afraid I'll shatter."
He lifts my hand to his lips and kisses along the line of stitches running down my palm.
"If you shatter, I'll find you."~



There were so many great lines in this book, heartbreaking moments, laugh out loud dialogue. I practically highlighted every page.


~"Don't be afraid to break Maggie. Stop holding on to the ugliness to just stay whole."~


~"I'm not trying to change you, Maggie. I'm trying to love you."

description


~Just my luck that I'd pick a bad boy who's all Mr. Sensitivity and wants to get to know me. ~


~"Asher, wake up and smell the third-wave feminism. Women have fantasies too. I happen to find a little frantic, half-clothed kitchen sex hot." ~



Amazing, absolutely freaking amazing.
This is a must read.
GO and start this now!
One of my favourite reads this year!!!!

~My eyes fill at his words, but he doesn't try to stop it. He doesn't ask me not to cry, he gives me permission to. He lies beside me, pulls me against his bare chest, until I'm baptised by silent tears.~


Add to your Goodreads here
Unbreak Me

Buy from Amazon here  



Jess xx



1 comment: