Tuesday, March 15

*** One Year Anniversary Blitz & Review *** Dirty Bad Wrong by Jade West


★ ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY ★

DIRTY BAD WRONG
JADE WEST
COVER DESIGN: ROMANTIC BOOK AFFAIRS





They call him Masque.
I call him God.
The man I want to consume me, own me, break me and corrupt me.
Yet I've never seen his face.
His body ripples like an adonis, sculpted in steel and dripping in sin. His flesh is inked with the mark of the chimera - one body, two very different halves.
He plays hard.
He plays rough.
He has no limits.
He's so fucking dirty bad wrong.
But I love him for it.

***

Lydia Marsh is always the strong one. The girl who never breaks, and sure as hell never cries. She's got it all - the perfect little life in cosy suburbia, with her perfectly nice boyfriend, and their perfectly sufficient sex life. She's even got her perfect little career plan all wrapped up at Trial Run Software Group.

But when it all falls apart, and Lydia's pretty, green eyes are fixed on a brutally sexual stranger - the man they call Masque - she comes to suspect that being strong isn't all it's cracked up to be.

For now Lydia wants something she's never wanted before...

And she wants Masque to give it to her.

**Warning - this novel contains graphic sex, and hardcore elements of BDSM. There are scenes of violence (consensual) as well as sexual practices some readers may find offensive.

If you aren't turned on by dirty bad wrong sex then please walk on by. Thank you.***










This book blew my mind. I knew I liked dark and gritty and dirty. I had no idea just how much I liked all those things in the extreme. Dirty Bad Wrong was exactly like its title depicts. If you don't like kink, like Dirty Bad Wrong kind of kink, avert your eyes. You'll be missing out though. 

I first saw this book when one of my Goodreads buddies was posting status updates while she read this book. The quotes were way out there in regards to my comfort level, at least what I thought my comfort level was before reading those. My interest was seriously piqued after the second quote and by third I had one clicked this bad boy and was devouring it. And by devouring it, I mean I stayed up all night finishing this book with only a slight (erm, uh, ya know) "break". This book was sexy to the extreme and I mean that in multiple ways. 

James Clarke is the CTO of the company that Lydia Marsh works for. One morning Lydia's whole life implodes. She finds out that her long term boyfriend cheated on her and got the girl pregnant. Left homeless without much of her own since she lived with her boyfriend in his house, she finds herself at work very early that day. In walks James catching her in a weak moment crying for all she's lost. 

Both are very intrigued by each other and soon after their initial run in they are teamed up together for a project. During their business trips, they find even more ways in which they like each other though both have lots of hidden secrets. Eventually James introduces Lydia to his friend Rebecca and she moves in with her.

Things begin to heat up when Rebecca takes Lydia to Explicit a BDSM club. There Lydia sees Masque for the first time and is drawn to his very extreme use of pain. It is leashed the subordinate nature she has pushed down. For some this may seem inappropriate, but I didn't see it that way at all. Everything that happened was consensual and in no way life threatening or debasing. Sure it looks crazy from the outside looking in, but Jade West did such an excellent job of writing the story that I lost myself it it and in their world. 

There was some angst but in the end we really do get a sweet love story in addition to all the crazy sex. Seriously that last scene was probably one of the most perfect ending scenes I've read because it perfectly showed the love and devotion between two people who yearned for pain and tears during the most intimate act between two people. 

 I can only beg Jade to write a follow up to James' and Lydia's story. Most of the time I love standalones because I like knowing they got their HEA but this story is just so unique that a follow up a few years down the road would be fascinating. Seeing how James and Lydia integrate their unusual tastes into everyday life would be so gratifying and very interesting. 

Now I'm off to stalk Jade and see what else she up has up her sleeve. I'm initiated into this crazy world now and I don't want to let go.


Reviewed by Paige

★★☆ 5 "Extreme" Stars ☆★★

Buy it
Read it
Love it



Jade West is a contemporary erotic author, real life submissive, and former sex chat-line operator, who is plenty used to getting people all steamed up with her dirty mouth. Her debut release, Dirty Bad Wrong, smashed into the Amazon top 100 in February 2015, followed by Dirty Bad Savage in June - an Amazon top 100 bestseller in 4 countries. Dirty Bad Strangers topped the erotica chart, reaching an impressive 13 overall in the US Kindle Store, and the latest tale of debauchery, Dirty Bad Secrets - returning to the heart of Club Explicit has just been unleashed on the public.



No comments:

Post a Comment